Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Testing FatMax TLM 100 laser measure

On Sat, 2 Feb 2008 18:46:58 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm, "Ed
Huntress" quickly quoth:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .

Condolences to said editor. My old house had lebenty seben armies of
termites when I abandoned it. Luckily, the old shack was in LoCal so I
had enough to buy a nice, larger, 35 year newer home in SoOr. The
termites haven't found me here...yet.

I got rid of my varmint rifle a while back or I could have some fun doing
it.

I'd never have been able to afford a new truck if I'd had to buy ammo
for all the wood munchers in that Vista house. Crikey, I'd have
outspent the DOD, even at .22 prices.

Did you use Borosil or the really poisonous stuff (most of which has
been outlawed by now)?

The garage is heavily doped with Cuprinol. It's a nice shade of green on the

http://www.cuprinol.com/ Bwahahahahahaha! Fidiots should have called
me. I'd have all their pages up and running in a day or three. sigh
The UK site works, though.

I've been using some really stinky stuff for cuts into PT wood lately.
Jasco Termin8 green and brown, now with two -different- stenches! I'd
prefer to self-spray something like Nisus' Bora-Care (oops, not
borosil) but the stuff is more strictly licensed than guns are here in
Oregon, despite the safety over much more poisonous termiticides.
Damned regulations. "They" want $3,500 to do the underside of my 1,700
s/f shop with attached house, and it'd take them under 3 hours. sigh

inside, roughly four feet up the studs. I did that 20 years ago, really
because of rot in the sills, but it's also been termite-free since then.

That's always favorable.

Ah, so you're not a one trick pony. Velly good, sport. Carry on.

Yup, I can waste time making and fixing things that make no economic sense
just as well as anyone. d8-)

As I said, carry on. g Then again, paying someone to refurb your
old house gets expensive in a hurry.

---
The world is wide, and I will not waste my life in friction
when it could be turned into momentum.
--Frances Willard (1839 - 1898)