Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Testing FatMax TLM 100 laser measure

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Sat, 2 Feb 2008 16:24:20 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm, "Ed
Huntress" quickly quoth:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
. ..
On Sat, 2 Feb 2008 14:31:45 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm, "Ed
Huntress" quickly quoth:

I got one of those Stanley FatMax TLM 100 laser measures for Christmas,
and

Just out of curiosity, what would prompt a person to give an _editor_
a construction measurement tool, Ed? Been moonlightin', have ya?

The editor in question has several hobbies, of which the primary one is
keeping his 84-year-old house from falling apart. The house is winning,
but
the editor has a plan. He'll let the termites do most of the demolition
work. Said editor also has re-roofed his house and detached garage and
rebuilt the walls of the garage, replacing all studs and sill plates.
Everything in the garage now is heavily poisoned to keep the termites from
fighting with the carpenter ants and making too much noise.

Condolences to said editor. My old house had lebenty seben armies of
termites when I abandoned it. Luckily, the old shack was in LoCal so I
had enough to buy a nice, larger, 35 year newer home in SoOr. The
termites haven't found me here...yet.

I got rid of my varmint rifle a while back or I could have some fun doing
it.

Did you use Borosil or the really poisonous stuff (most of which has
been outlawed by now)?

The garage is heavily doped with Cuprinol. It's a nice shade of green on the
inside, roughly four feet up the studs. I did that 20 years ago, really
because of rot in the sills, but it's also been termite-free since then.

The editor also has, you know, in addition to a SB 10L lathe, a drill
press,
two tablesaws, a bandsaw, a jointer, and large floor-mount disk sanders