Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Another Car Battery question

We are in the process of switching to ? 72 ? volts IIRC.
Yes high voltage. Low current. Less copper. Local power supplies
for generating what ever voltage wanted.
There are changes in the industry here and there and now a little more.
I suspect the power for toys will ?maybe? be the same. You just have a
local step-down switcher that can generate high current for boom box toys
and nominal current for lights. Very clean for DVD and GPS and car CPU's.

Martin

Martin H. Eastburn
http://lufkinced.com/

Ivan Vegvary wrote:
Okay, so the switch from 6 volts to 12 volts (automobiles) was made to save
copper and other benefits that I don't remember.

Why, for the same reasons, are we not switching to 24 volts? I understand
that a few military vehicles and commercial trucks are 24 volts. Why not
our automobiles?

Anybody know?

Thanks,
Ivan Vegvary