Whunicut

Default 6 volt Hobbs meter

As much as I enjoy seeing what sort of suicide devices people will
cobble together and bolt to an aircraft... I feel almost obligated to
mention that you can find brand new 12v Hobbs hourmeters on E-bay for about
$20.

Well, I never knew hourmeters were some sort of "suicide device". I will watch
this "device" very closely and if it shows any sign of committing Hari-Kari,
out it goes!

Yep, the new 12 volt meters are all state-of-of-the-art plastic and have the
clock works you have in the wall clock in the garage.
The ancient meter I have is all metal, has a wind up clock mechanism and a
familiar face from my younger days.
I would not trade it for 10 of the new
, "quartz" jobs.

BTW, last I heard, I still have the right to "cobble together" anything I
please and bolt it onto an experimental aircraft, auto, boat or kite and
"experiment " to my hearts content. And if you are entertained by this, we both
win.)

Warren