Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

Default Snow

"Mike Dobony" wrote in message

"Frank" wrote in message
. ..
Just had our first 15" snow out here in years. Used my trusty M Wards 30

yr
old 2 stage to clear 100' drive .All was OK except machine kept clogging
.

tried white grease, silicone, soap in the past. Not to good. Any
suggestions?
Frank

a good wax job and plow in first gear, stopping often to let it clear out.

Yes, all of the above, you may also have some rust that is causing drag.
Sometimes it is not the fault of the snow blower, sometimes you have heavy
wet snow at exactly the freezing point, once the snow blower starts moving
it around at high speeds the snow starts to stiffen up and semi freeze like
a slushie. When this happens, all you can do is try not to load up the
blower by taking smaller slices of the snow, and be prepared for lots of
cleaning out.

It is sort of like the first grass mowing of the spring season, where the
grass is long, wet, juicy and clogs the mower every few feet. Don't you
wish!