Posted to alt.home.repair
George George is offline

Default Sand in deck paint for non-skid surface?

Red Green wrote:
Simpson wrote in
t:

jJim McLaughlin wrote:
Simpson wrote:
I'm rebuilding a 13 step outdoor wooden staircase and entry porch on
an 80 year old house. I bought some Benjamin Moore Deck and Patio
paint for the finish coat. It says on the can to use sand in the
paint for a non-skid finish. But it doesn't say anything about which
grit of sand to use and in which proportion. Can anyone shed any
light on this for me?

Thanks,
Jack
What did Benj. Moore customer service saywhen you contacted them?

Crap!

They want my first-born just to be able to email them!

Why not just call a local paint store that sells it. If they don't know
let them call cust service.

The local real paint store (not big box) has the grit on hand. All you
need to do is say that you want anti skid and they pop the lid, add the
appropriate amount, close it and send it for a ride on the shaker mixer.