Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Sam Goldwasser Sam Goldwasser is offline

Default Maytag Timer Motor

writes:

On 31 Jan 2008 17:05:34 -0500, Sam Goldwasser
wrote:

Well, my glued pinion gear finally bit the dust.

So, I'm looking for either the timer motor, or just the rotor
assembly. Yeah, good luck getting only that!

I believe it is part number 204663 he

http://www.pcappliancerepair.com/tex...ch+for+Keyword

http://tinyurl.com/38ll2k

This photo does look like it:
http://www.pcappliancerepair.com/cgi...4663&brand=MAC

But am not sure about the series.

If anyone has one in their junk box or a recommended inexpensive
supplier, please post back here.

Any info appreciated.

Thanks!

Is it just me, or do Maytag washers have poorly made timers?
It seems the power portions of those machines last forever, but the
timers always die. We've probably been thru 4 Maytag washers in the
last 10 years. Everyone died because of the timer. They want at
least $100 for a new one, and a used machine can be gotten for $25 or
less. So we just replace the whole thing. I have all the dead
machines outside for parts, but aside from one belt, I never used them
for the parts.

I swore after the ladst one died that we would not get another Maytag.
But at that same time a relative went into a nursing home and sold his
home. We got the washer for free, so what the heck.

That was a year ago, now that washer has a bad timer. So we're back
to using it manually by advancing the knob for every cycle, until we
get something else. I really hate tossing a machine because of one
easy to replace part, but I'm not going to pay over $100 for a timer
worth $20 at most.

It amazes me that you can buy a whole DVD player for $25 and have to
pay around $125 for a timer that has much less in components. I have
never found a place that sells the motors separately either, at least
not the ones listed to the timer / washer.

In all fairness, this one did last 25-30 years before giving any problems,
and my cousin's was similar.

Of course, that was when the Maytag repairman WAS lonely.