Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] vangard@worldnet.att.net is offline

Default VHS recorder with "F" input

On Jan 30, 9:34*pm, "Charlie Bress" wrote:
We are on a the Comcast cable system so if it works as I understand it when
the US goes digital we will still get a analog signal over cable.
I am looking for a VHS recorder with an RF input using the usual F
connector. This will just be used for time shifting.

They have become impossible to find. *As an alternative would be a vcr of
the current style with AV only inputs and *a demodulator to take that cable
signal and provide AV outputs. The demodulator would need to be reasonably
priced.

Any recommendations will be appreciated.

Charlie

I live down the hill from our local Goodwill store where people donate
things they no longer need or want. They have a shelf full of VHS
VCRs for $12.00 each. That does not include the remote which they
sell at a glass counter for $1.00. I bought a very nice Panasonic 4
head HiFi just to have a spare.

Van