Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Eregon Eregon is offline

Default Another Car Battery question

"Ivan Vegvary" wrote in news:97Poj.33$f73.12@trndny08:

Okay, so the switch from 6 volts to 12 volts (automobiles) was made to
save copper and other benefits that I don't remember.

Why, for the same reasons, are we not switching to 24 volts? I
understand that a few military vehicles and commercial trucks are 24
volts. Why not our automobiles?

Anybody know?

Thanks,
Ivan Vegvary

From what I've heard, they're going to skip 24V and go straight to 48V.

This will enable the use of 4 motorcycle-sized batteries that can be
secreted in different areas of the vehicle for fuelled vehicles and 4 car-
sized batteries for electric/hybrid cars.