Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Richard The Dreaded Libertarian Richard The Dreaded Libertarian is offline

Default Horrid Fright flyer arrived

On Mon, 28 Jan 2008 12:45:47 +0000, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh wrote:
nick hull fired this volley in
"Pete C." wrote:

Here in semi rural Texas, I just go to my friendly neighborhood
explosives dealer a.k.a. fireworks stand and then head home with a
huge collection of goodies that fill several shopping bags for less
than $20.

I just go to my local dealer and buy 55# of dynamite for $150

Unless you possess a federal explosives user license, that's now a
federal felony -- for both you and the dealer. There is no place in
CONUS or its protectorates or possessions where it is anymore legal for
any individual to possess or convey explosives (except for recreational
quantities of black powder and consumer fireworks) without a federal
license. Not even in your own state. Not even in your own county or
city.

Unfortunately, those days are gone. My wife just got her state Blaster's
License (also required) and will soon apply for her federal user's
license.

BTW... there no longer exists the thing called a "permit"; good for one
or a few uses, and low in price. Now every individual must obtain a
license, and undergo a lengthy and detailed federal background check.

If you're 60 now, and have been totally "clean" since being arrested for
smoking a joint when you were 13, you are a "hardened criminal", not
authorized to handle or buy explosives, even for another licensed
individual.

Heil Cheney!

shudder
Rich