Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Is it really that tough out there ? FIRED !

b wrote:

On Jan 30, 8:35 am, wrote:

Now I could see "this is bad, it just cost you your next raise" or
something like that. But to fire him ?

People **** up maintaining jets and **** and do not lose their job
over it. People **** up designing the junk goods, including cars that
Americans buy, and don't lose their job over it. Cops and doctors ****
up and people are DEAD because of it and they do not lose their job.

JURB

a clear cut case of why unions were formed and why they are so
necessary still.
welcome to the wonders of industrial relations in a market
economy.....

Bull****. If electronic repair was a union job, no one on earth
could afford to repair anything. I worked at a union defense
contractor, and equipment ended up scrapped, because they couldn't
decide who was to make a repair. I worked in 'Quality Assurance' on the
PRC-77. My first night on the job the union steward got in my face,
telling me the long list of things that I wasn't allowed to do. I
reminded her that my job was not union, and I didn't want to do my work,
and theirs. More than once, the head of production "Borrowed" me to
"Instruct" his union workers on how to repair things like the gearbox
for the PRC-77 tuner, or how to solder large items to a PC board without
damage.

Now, tell me how many 'Union' TV shops there WERE?

BTW, that union went on strike in the late '60s, demanding a double
digit pay increase. The company went to Mexico and built a 'module'
plant to build subassemblies. By the time they finished their ****ing
match, the people who still had a job went back at exactly half of what
they were making before that strike, and over half the jobs stayed in
Mexico.
prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell