Posted to uk.d-i-y
John John is offline

Default F****** Ikea

wrote:
Bought new Ikea shower curtains to replace old Ikea shower curtains.

New one's are 4 inches shorter and miss the shower tray.

Hah, you think you have problems?

We bought a new bed and mattress from the less than four years ago. The
mattress has a 25-year guarantee and we've now got a problem with it so I
rang the Warrington store where we bought it from (it's the closest to us at
about 42 miles away) and asked them to get someone out to look at it.

"Oh we don't do that Sir. You have to make an appointment and bring it back
to the store where our experts will inspect it".

So they expect me to carry a 5ft 3in wide x 6ft 6in long x about 10in deep
mattress in my car, for 42 miles. She suggested I hire a van and that the
cost would be reimbursed if it was found to be faulty under the terms of the
guarantee - yeah, right!

I'm sure that somewhere, written in print so small that it would need the
magnifying power of a NASA telescope to see, they would quote something that
would exempt them from repairing/replacing my mattress and I'd be 50 quid
van hire down and still need a new mattress.

John