Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Richard J Kinch Richard J Kinch is offline

Default Non-porous gasket and/or sealant?

Ian Malcolm writes:

I should
probably explain that although I'd started this vile job in the
afternoon, it was well into the evening by the time I cleaned myself up.

I do agree, it is a wonderfully messy item to keep where it belongs,
requiring meticuluous technique. My rule is 1 roll of paper towels per
hour of working with it. Lots of popsicle sticks from the craft store.
You touch it once with a spreader or a wiper, and then you toss that
spreader or wiper. But what performance, bedding stainless fittings onto a
boat hull!