Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Allison[_2_] Robert Allison[_2_] is offline

Default RUST PROBLEM

..-.MINDY.-. wrote:

Thanks for all the help I have received from you all in the past... but
I now have another situation. In one of my bathrooms I have a plastic
type toilet bowl. It is porcelain on the outer part... but the inner
part of the bowl that the water touches is a plastic. I had been gone &
I noticed that rust has formed through out where the water is. It is
hardened & not where I can just easily wipe or use a toilet brush to
remove it. When I use a toilet brush it has the effect of getting the
water brown & so I know I am getting something off... but this can take
ages. Is there anything I can use that is not caustic or harmful? I was
thinking of using the product called Soft Scrub. Would that be okay to
try??? Thanks! ..Mindy

CLR or a generic equivalent. CLR stands for Calcium, Lime, Rust. Very
good product.

--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.