Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Allodoxaphobia Allodoxaphobia is offline

Default Maytag Timer Motor

On 31 Jan 2008 17:05:34 -0500, Sam Goldwasser wrote:
Well, my glued pinion gear finally bit the dust.

So, I'm looking for either the timer motor, or just the rotor
assembly. Yeah, good luck getting only that!

I believe it is part number 204663 he

http://tinyurl.com/38ll2k

This photo does look like it:
http://www.pcappliancerepair.com/cgi...4663&brand=MAC

But am not sure about the series.

If anyone has one in their junk box or a recommended inexpensive
supplier, please post back here.

You might look in the "bone yard(s)" behind appliance stores and
appliance repair shops. They usually pile up a quantity of dead
appliances before calling in who-ever to pick'em up and haul them off.

That's how I've gotten one or two parts to keep a fridge and a clothes
dryer running. Asking the staff has always resulted in "Sure. Take
whatever you need."

Of course, any number of fellas here in this ng probably have their own
boneyards and may have the part for you....

HTH
Jonesy
--
Marvin L Jones | jonz | W3DHJ | linux