Posted to sci.electronics.repair
tpg tpg is offline

Default Maytag Timer Motor

"James Sweet" wrote in message
news:7fsoj.2246$fg.532@trndny03...

Well, this controls all the various solenoids, main motor, etc. If it
were a dryer, I might be inclined to do some sort of kludge!

Ah I was thinking it was. Just spend the 38 bucks, they wanted $120 or
something for a new timer for my dryer.

Of course you can probably find a whole used washer for free with some
looking, but those things are heavy and cumbersome to move.

I am not sure what you have available where you live but here in Sydney aus
there is a place that repairs timers on an exchange basis and for about the
1/3 the cost of a new timer as well as come with a warranty so all problems
should be repaired if any others exist. Try looking for timer repairs.