Posted to alt.home.repair

Default RUST PROBLEM

On Jan 31, 12:52*pm, Frank frankdotlogullo@comcastperiodnet wrote:
.-.MINDY.-. wrote:
Thanks for all the help I have received from you all in the past... but
I now have another situation. In one of my bathrooms I have a plastic
type toilet bowl. It is porcelain on the outer part... but the inner
part of the bowl that the water touches is a plastic. I had been gone &
I noticed that rust has formed through out where the water is. It is
hardened & not where I can just easily wipe or use a toilet brush to
remove it. When I use a toilet brush it has the effect of getting the
water brown & so I know I am getting something off... but this can take
ages. Is there anything I can use that is not caustic or harmful? I was
thinking of using the product called Soft Scrub. Would that be okay to
try??? Thanks! ..Mindy

We use "Iron Out" in toilets but also in dishwasher and clothes washer
where there are plastics.

Frank

Go to any hardware or home center store. In the plumbing section they
have rust stain remover products. They work so fast, I was amazed.
When I did it, I just poured some on and in a few secs the stain was
gone.