Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Waterproof glue for teapot?

Guy Snape says...
Is there a glue suitable for sticking the spout back on to a teapot?
Obviously it would need to be resistant to heat and water, and not
dissolve into the tea and poison us.

Thanks,

- guy

I've used Araldite to reattach a knob after it's spot weld
failed that held it to the lid of a stainless steel tea
pot. That has put up with boiling water for several years
now. However, for sticking a ceramic spout back on I'd be
dubious. As another poster said - it could always fall off
again and scold someone. If the teapot is of some
sentimental value I'd fix it with araldite then just put it
in a display cabinet, certainly not use it.
--
David in Normandy