Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
woodworker88 woodworker88 is offline

Default 3/8" Capacity J33 Mount Chucks?

On Jan 30, 1:46 pm, "Joe AutoDrill" wrote:
Customer doesn't want 1/2" capacity for some reason....

Maybe to prevent misuse. I have had some problems with people
overloading various machine tools by installing very large drill bits
in small machines, so I had to buy or find appropriate size drill
chucks, matched to the size of the drill the machine can handle.
Mostly things like 1/2" shank S&D drills in the benchtop CNC mill
(designed for light work, and it circular interpolates anyways...) and
so on. Not to mention that the CNC mill is bolted to the bench
exactly 4 feet from the 21" Clausing drill press which will run an
1.125" drill bit (MT3 shank) in 1" thick aluminum without a problem...