Posted to sci.electronics.repair
UCLAN UCLAN is offline

Default VHS recorder with "F" input

Charlie Bress wrote:

We are on a the Comcast cable system so if it works as I understand it when
the US goes digital we will still get a analog signal over cable.
I am looking for a VHS recorder with an RF input using the usual F
connector. This will just be used for time shifting.

They have become impossible to find. As an alternative would be a vcr of
the current style with AV only inputs and a demodulator to take that cable
signal and provide AV outputs. The demodulator would need to be reasonably
priced.

New standalone VCRs of ANY kind are getting hard to find. If you go to a
combo DVD/VCR, many models have RF inputs.

--
Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens.