Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bill Schwab Bill Schwab is offline

Default Non-porous gasket and/or sealant?

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 15:08:22 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm, Bill
Schwab quickly quoth:

Hello all,

I am building a frame/box onto a metal cart - long story. The chase is
that it needs to be water resistant, and there will be a couple of butt
joints that would benefit from a gasket of some type. Whatever I use
needs to be non-porous.

Why can't you weld, braze, or solder them, Bill?

MIG welding is not something I do. Even if it were, any such method
seems (no offense intended) very clumsy for something that needs to be
adjusted to fit the existing cart.

Any better ideas? Again, porous materials will be a problem.

Yes, next time: state the materials you're planning on using, the
size, the actual usage, the weight it will support, etc.

2" square tubing; weight is not really a consideration, as the intent is
to make a "radar bubble" to accommodate some items that do not quite fit
on a shelf on a mobile cart.

Bill