Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve[_4_] Steve[_4_] is offline

Default Wall tile adhesive.

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Well I took the two big tubs back - one obviously unopened - and got my
money back with no hassle. While they were up on the returns counter I
read the instructions which said 'not for porcelain tiles'. ;-) So sneaked
off whistling tunelessly. But the adhesive had stuck ok to the tiles -
just not to the plaster.

LOL! I guess that the porcelain tiles had sucked all the moisture out of
the adhesive before the bond with the wall had set.

But on second thoughts isn't porcelain a ceramic which would not absorb
much water?

Either way, thanks for the tip. Been buying a lot of stuff from Wickes
recently but will avoid their tile adhesive and stick, oops, to the
powdered stuff from my local tile merchant.

But on the other hand, their "Trade" Contract Matt Emulsion is the best
paint I have used in a long while :-) I think that I could get away with
telling SWMBO that it took two or three coats of Buttermilk onto white
when it only took one... but I won't ;-)

Steve