Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wall tile adhesive.

In article ,
Stuart Noble wrote:
My experience of Wickes ready mixed products is varied. Their plaster
and filler seem to be of the lightweight type, which makes them cheap
and easy to use, but they're not particularly "sticky" IYSWIM. I wonder
if their adhesive is just a variation on their other tub products.
A wall tile should become immovable after about 5 minutes, and you know
the adhesive has bitten. Once that happens I've never had one
subsequently fall off. The Wickes stuff has obviously not been able to
cope with the porosity of the wall, which is a pretty poor show for a
tile adhesive.

Well I took the two big tubs back - one obviously unopened - and got my
money back with no hassle. While they were up on the returns counter I
read the instructions which said 'not for porcelain tiles'. ;-) So sneaked
off whistling tunelessly. But the adhesive had stuck ok to the tiles -
just not to the plaster.

--
*Just give me chocolate and nobody gets hurt

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.