Posted to alt.home.repair
boden boden is offline

Default Wetbed on shower floor a necessity?

Aaron Fude wrote:
Hi,

My contractor is not planning to use a wet bed on my bathroom floor
and will instead use some kind of a backerboard (and also mentioned
the name "Schluter" although I understand it to be a shower floor
product).

I will live in this house for another 5-10 years.

My understanding always was that a wet bed on the shower floor is a
must. Do you agree with that and if so can you give me arguments for
one way or the the other or send me links that discuss this.

Many thanks in advance,

Aaron

Take a look here.
http://www.schluter.com/143.aspx

I believe that Schluter has the finest systems and parts to facilitate
tile installation. I've used it frequently in my home.

The key, as with all technologies, is the proper use. All to often I
see contractors open the box, remove and discard the instructions, and
then "do it the way I've always done it." This is where the problems
start.

Boden