Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] ZZactly@aol.com is offline

Default Is it really that tough out there ? FIRED !

Well my new/old job did not last very long. Guy quit and they were
happy actually that I did have the time to come back. They did fill
the position, and thanked me for filling in. I never expected nor
wanted to go back full time with them. Not that I don't like the job,
but it is 46 miles instead of 15.

So they got this guy there, seems alright. He is getting some work
done but I guess he doesn't know much about RPTVs. OK, so that is my
job while he works on what he can fix. Seems logical to me.

But the story on him interests me, see he used to work for an ASC, and
he got fired for breaking a dud part. Now the thing is, a long time
ago I used to work for that place. They are tough. But I also got a
bit of an education there. But even at my young age I gave some
education to some as well.

To date myself, and let you know my age, well, oh well. But I will.
They used to send one guy to all the seminars, and he was quite good
at re-presenting the information. Well I remember the day when he
presented the lowdown on MTS, thaty was when it first came out and we
had to know it.

As many know the L-R in NTSC MTS is noise reduced by DBX as well as a
spectral modulation similar to Dolby.

I was the Junior tech, exept for one who was desitned to stay a Junior
tech, and at the mini-seminar a Senior tech asked what DBX was. I
replied "for transmission, it makes the soft sounds louder and the
loud sounds softer, on reception it does the reverse, making loud
sounds louder and soft sounds softer". He asked "how do you know
that ?".

How the hell do you respond to that ?

Anyways, this guy is replacing the display in a plasma. They are an
ASC and probably the only type of people/company who will ever do
this. Well. he cracked the dud.

Now I could see "this is bad, it just cost you your next raise" or
something like that. But to fire him ?

People **** up maintaining jets and **** and do not lose their job
over it. People **** up designing the junk goods, including cars that
Americans buy, and don't lose their job over it. Cops and doctors ****
up and people are DEAD because of it and they do not lose their job.

JURB