Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Radiosrfun Radiosrfun is offline

Default DVD repair question

"Mr. Land" wrote in message
On Jan 27, 10:15 pm, b wrote:
On Jan 27, 8:37 pm, "radiosrfun" wrote:

My first impression is to clean the lens/mechanism to see if that
corrects
it. My second - "maybe" out of alignment. Not sure where to go from
there.

...'to someone who knows what they're doing' is where i would
recommend- if you go tinkering, you will screw it up even more. This
is nothing to do with lasers and alignments, it is likely a setup
issue.
-B

(couldn't resist this one...)

I'll "probably" have to make a trip to her place to check the
settings..."

If he's making a trip to her place, it sounds to me like he knows what
he's
doing!!!

I know you couldn't resist a play on words - and that is cool! - Hells
fire - I'd have jumped on that - myself! It would be kinda hard not to pick
fun with that one.

Otherwise - NAH - not what you think. I just can't/don't want to see her
disconnecting cables and what not maybe upsetting the balance and not seeing
the issue first hand. Prefer to witness it on her set.

Her and her Husband are "slightly" related - like 5th cousins removed! Not
into "Incest" or "breaking up homes".

The last repair I did for them, was in a humungous boat - this past summer.
I sure in hell wouldn't want "that" brought here!