Kirk Gordon

Default Barren ground: (was Gunner's medical bills)

Gunner wrote:

We were discussing the killing of the unborn baby. Which is legal to
do. So if its legal to kill his daughter before she pops out the
chute..and you would not stop him from killing her while still in the
womb, why would you stop him one minute later after she has popped
out?

Because that one minute during which she "popped out" is legally
defined as the moment when she becomes human, and therefore HAS a right
to life that can't properly be taken away. It's not the length of time
that matters, but the all-important transition from non-human to human,
in the eyes of the law.

As Ed and I have been discussing elsewhere, the determination of
whether a fetus is human is the real core of this whole debate. I've
mentioned a couple suggestions about how and when humanity actually
begins, or what might be legally treated as its beginnings. If you're
interested, those might be worth a look.

KG