Posted to alt.home.repair
jJim McLaughlin jJim McLaughlin is offline

Default Pocket Door Repair?

Oren wrote:
On Mon, 28 Jan 2008 17:54:12 -0500, Boden wrote:

dadiOH wrote:

SNIP HAPPENS

"Is being too low the only problem?"

No.

It is too low to clarthe carpet and the "brass" tack strip or edging used
by the carpet installer.

It is also apparently off the track at top end nearest opening.

It also would not ever mate up properly with the "strike plate" in the
door jamb
long long ago. The little "J" shaped hook / latch would never lock
into the
striker plate so that the door would lock.

Door has what I thik is a lot of "play" in it, from side to side. I can
deflect oor about a 1/2 inch
either way toward the MBR or M Bath as it sits in pocket.