Posted to alt.home-theater.misc,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair
Baron[_2_] Baron[_2_] is offline

Default Difficulty inserting multi-strand wire into holes in HTIB

wrote:

My house is pre-wired for 5.1 surround sound with what seems to be
good quality multi-strand wires.

My "home theater in a box" receives these wires at the back of the
sub- woofer into small holes with some clip-like plastic things. (I am
sure you have seen them on most of the audio equipment especially
where AM/ FM antennae wires go into.)

Last time when I put everything together it took me hours to put these
wires into those holes because they just don't go in well. I had to
dismantle everything last week as we were getting some work done on
the house. Now, I am struggling to reconnect everything. Just when I
think I did put the wires in and flip the clip, they come out with a
mild pull. And there is this annoying fibre (probably from the
sheathing) that comes in the way. Cutting the wires is not an option
as there isn't much length of wire left.

What do you all do in this situation? (I couldn't find much on the
Internet - probably I am not using the correct key words.)

Thanks for you time and help.

Use hollow pin spills. Its just a hollow tube with a plastic guide bit
on one end. Slip in the wire, nip with pliers. You can get these from
most supply houses.
--
Regards:
Baron.