Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default "Jog" mode with VFD on lathe

Al A. wrote:
What type of VFD do you have?

It's a Mitsubishi A220E (3hp 3 ph in or 1 1/2hp 1ph):
http://cgi.ebay.com/Mitsubishi-FR-A-...mZ140199165978

$48.76 NIB! It thought it was a GREAT deal until it arrived and I
realized that I hadn't paid close enough attention to the auction
listing. It didn't include what they call the "parameter unit" (i.e.,
the user interface device)!!! OOOH, NOOO .... crap, damn, crap!

I checked for a "PU" on the web and found very little selection and high
cost. Damn, damn, damn. So I set up an eBay search, figuring that
sooner or later I would find one. Well ... there was an auction for
the exact PU model I needed, NIB, ending in 5 min!! I got it for
$10.99. WOW - dodged a real bullet. I should have gone out and played
the lottery, given the luck-state I was in.

In the end, with shipping, it was $82 or so for both. Not exactly the
bottom feeding that I was hoping for, but still a good price for NIB.

Bob

You're right - this is for the lathe that you sold me.