Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Epoxy bearing materials, HSM cnc resources

Ecnerwal wrote:
EG - Moglice, Poly PBM, various others - most of which don't seem to be
so proud of their low prices that I can find any place with prices
listed - all "call us", which I associate with "if I have to call and
ask, I probably can't afford it"...

I can't find any of these products in McMaster/MSC/Enco, but I may
simply not have the right search terms at my fingertips - I'd think one
of them would carry at least one brand of the stuff.

Moglice is sold in the US by Devitt Machinery, they have a fair amount
of info and pictures on the web, they will send you an illustrated guide
that has more info. They have, I think, 7 grades of the stuff, from
water thin to paste. I did a 15" Sheldon lathe with it. It was about
$50 for the minimum can, something like 50 grams. I bought two, and had
to use the second because I didn't fill the spaces up enough. They have
a bunch of accessories that you use with it, but their stuff REALLY
works, and I am quite happy with the results. I did the underside of
the carriage on that lathe, and it is a BIG carriage.

Jon