Posted to alt.home.repair
jJim McLaughlin jJim McLaughlin is offline

Default Pocket Door Repair?

I have a pocket door between th MBR and MBath.

Its in the wall, i.e. in the full open position. Hasn't really worked
since I bought the house in 1978. Doesn't clear the rug side of the
passageway between he bedroom and the bathroom.

I'm going to be re - carpeting the MBR and installing a tile floor in
the MBath.

I know that I can re do the carpet and the tile floor leaving the poket door
in the wall.

As long as I'm going to be doing the capet and a new tile floor in the
bath,
I figure I might a well get the door operating.

The configuration of the rooms is such that replacement with a standard
door
will not work. (Hey, I only bought the place, I didn't design it.)

Long ago I saw a TV piece on "Ask These Four Idiots" about repairing
pocket doors. Of course I didn't videotape it (gives you an idea about
how long ago this was). I'm looking for that piece. Anybody have any idea
on where to findit, or a link o it.

I am separately Googling for material on pocket door repair.

If any body has already got some URL cites to sites dealing with pocket door
repair, I dappreciate it if you would share those with me.

Thanks.