Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Louis Ohland Louis Ohland is offline

Default Horrid Fright flyer arrived

Yes, we definitely need more government. I'm sure with another 10,000
employees, the fired employee would already be denied...

Psst. Hey Lloyd, never puffed the whacky weed, never popped pills, never
snorted or inhaled. One speeding ticket in Iowa in 1987. Can I help make
things that explode?

Lloyd E. Sponenburgh wrote:
For instance, I had an employee who was 42 when we hired him. He was a
hard-working fellow who hadn't so much as a traffic ticket since he was
17. But when he was 16, he was arrested in a car full of teens where pot
was being smoked. He was not found using it, but it was in his car.

He was "convicted" by withholding adjudication, given a year of community
service and no jail (having never had any other legal problems), and had
his record expunged after his community time.

We hired him and filed the documentation that day. We had him eleven
months before the FBI determined that he was not qualified. We received
a phone call, and had to fire him that very minute -- not even at the end
of the work day.

There is a lengthy, seldom-successful method to get shuck of that
classification. DHS has implemented a "Request for relief from
disabilities" by which one can apply to have the classification removed.
In fact, they grant maybe one in five legitimate requests, and it takes
two or three years.

Our employee applied for relief two years ago, and still has not heard
back.

LLoyd