Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus2518 Ignoramus2518 is offline

Default Horrid Fright flyer arrived

On 2008-01-28, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
Ignoramus2518 fired this volley in
:

On 2008-01-28, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh lloydspinsidemindspring.com
wrote:
If you're 60 now, and have been totally "clean" since being arrested
for smoking a joint when you were 13, you are a "hardened criminal",
not authorized to handle or buy explosives, even for another licensed
individual.

Are you saying that even having been arrested -- but not convicted --
is enough to disqualify you from a license to handle explosives?

No. But any "conviction" (including withholding adjudication of guilt)
for any crime the penalty for which COULD HAVE BEEN a year or more in
jail (regardless of the penalty applied) is considered enough to kick you
out of the system.

I see. I believe that those crimes are considered to be felonies. I
see your point about some of the old ones not being relevant to the
person's current situation.

For instance, I had an employee who was 42 when we hired him. He was a
hard-working fellow who hadn't so much as a traffic ticket since he was
17. But when he was 16, he was arrested in a car full of teens where pot
was being smoked. He was not found using it, but it was in his car.

He was "convicted" by withholding adjudication, given a year of community
service and no jail (having never had any other legal problems), and had
his record expunged after his community time.

We hired him and filed the documentation that day. We had him eleven
months before the FBI determined that he was not qualified. We received
a phone call, and had to fire him that very minute -- not even at the end
of the work day.

Very unfortunate.