Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
William Noble William Noble is offline

Default fa: atlas and south bend milling attachment for 10/12 inch lathe

" My compound mounts on a stud (hole? can't recall , but makes a minimal
difference) with two bolts in circular T-slots . Sounds like the mount
would be fairly easy to make .
I'd still rather have room for a real mill ... alright , alright , I'll
quit whining now .
--
Snag

your compound mounts on a stud that is about 3/8 inch (maybe 5/16?) to keep
it centered, and the two bolts (really T bolts) are in a circular T slot -
if you do remove the compound BE SURE YOU DO NOT HAVE THE BOLTS AT 6:00 and
12:00 (e.g. in line with the cross slide direction of travel) - or you will
be unhappy - (yes, I learned that the hard way).