Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
JimF[_2_] JimF[_2_] is offline

Default Google SketchUp 6

Hi guys,

I'm not a metalworker, but I am a SketchUp guy.

There are 2 versions of SketchUp: Google SketchUp is the free version,
and Google SketchUp Pro is the commercial version ($495.)

If you inadvertently downloaded the 8-hour Pro trial version, the Pro
features will time out and you will be left with Google SketchUp free
version.

For a comparison of the 2 versions, see:
http://sketchup.google.com/support/b...n&answer=36201

As far as modeling/design capabilities the 2 versions are identical.
The main differences are in import/export abilities, and Layout; which
is a presentation enhancement.

Hope this helps.

On Jan 27, 8:17 pm, Louis Ohland wrote:
The tial version is for SketchUp Pro, which is the $495 product. Pass
the ketchup.

spaco wrote:
I don't think Google sketchup is free at all. I downloaded the "free"
trial version which give you up to 8 hours of "design time". That's not
enough to get you very far.