Posted to alt.home.repair
Banty Banty is offline

Default Cracks in basement block walls

In article N%4nj.6197$v86.5390@trnddc08, dadiOH says...

Banty wrote:

But the good news is - you're in a disclosure state it sounds like
- you can pursue this through a lawyer. And the house isn't going
to fall down tomorrow. It's still a house for the living in while
you decide what to do, cracks or no cracks.

You're in, the deal's done; you'll need to either disclose and lose
on the sale if you move, or you fix the problem.

How do you figure that? If the seller knew of material problems and
did not disclose them the *seller* is on the hook for repairs. It is
also entirely possible that the deal may be undone; as I said, the OP
needs to consult a lawyer to determine his alternatives and the
efficacy thereof.

I don't know what you mean by "deal is done", then, unless you're insisting on
including as part of that the possibly liability that the seller may still have
as to non-disclosure. Which is kind of a broad way to define a deal.

I *said* he may be recourse to get the seller to pay for these undisclosed
problems.

But my *point* is that he has closed - he's bought the house. He's now in a
position that he owns the problem, one way or the other, either by himself
needing to disclose, or himself needing to fix, hopefully with funds gotten by
litigation from the seller if he fixes. But either way, it's his problem now.

Banty