Posted to sci.electronics.repair
rush14 rush14 is offline

Default power supply....

On Jan 27, 4:43 am, lou wrote:
Hi!
Would appreciate some help.

Was thinking of using a car radio at home. Specs read current
consumption 1.5A (at .5W).
The fuse is 5A.

DC power supply should be at least 1.5A but can I go up to 4A without
harming the radio?
Not sure if I would gain any improvement in sound.

Thanks!

Please cc: my email address if possible.

Louis

The radio will only drawl the amount of current it needs (about 1.5A)
even if you use a 4A or larger capacity power supply. That might
change if you crank the voltage much higher than the nominal 13.8V
others have mentioned but then you stand to damage the radio. No
matter what voltage you apply to the radio it won't make it sound
better but better speaker/s might.

Rush