Posted to rec.woodworking
Greg O Greg O is offline

Default Dust Collector Question

"rich" wrote in message
Reading this thread makes me wonder: Can I leave blast gates open? I
have a Delta DC with a cyclone, 20 foot run of flex 4" ( didn't think
about smooth pipe when I installed this) to the saw, planer, and
another 10 feet to the jointer. Opening one gate at a time seems to
work pretty well, but it seems that multiple open gates would just
reduce the suction at each machine. Am I missing something???

Thanks for any comments.

Regards,
Rich.....

Depends on the layout of the pipe, and your DC. If your DC produces more air
flow than it can"suck" through one 4" blast gate opening one or two more
should not matter, until the air flow through the open blast gates catch up
with the air flow of the DC.
Greg