Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Brent Brent is offline

Default fa: atlas and south bend milling attachment for 10/12 inch lathe

On Jan 27, 12:35 pm, "William Noble" wrote:
"Terry Coombs" wrote in message

. ..

Brent wrote:
On Jan 27, 9:01 am, Terry Coombs wrote:
William Noble wrote:
totally blatant shill for an ebay auction of something that is auctally
directly relevant to the interests of this group - no subtelty at all -
no
hidden agenda, just bid the price of this puppy through the ceiling so
I can
buy a small country and retire.
here's the link
The pics on ebay are of the work holding side ? Ya think this will fit
my 10" Logan ? Might save me buying a mill until I actually have room
for one ...
--
Snag

if its for an atlas then there will be a spot for a bolt to go through
it to a T-slot on the compound

if your logan uses a tslot on the compound as well (likely) just make
or purchase a T-nut to fit

Thanks , kinda what I thought . If the 20% off coupon for Horrible Fright
hadn't been bogus , I'd be awaiting delivery of a Big Red Mill in a couple
of weeks and this would be moot .
As it is , I think I will watch this auction . I can't afford enough to
buy a small country , but might manage this item if it doesn't get too
spendy .
--
Snag

NO NO NO NO NO you don't mount this to the compound - you remove the
compound and mount it to the cross slide. it has it's own "compound" in the
base. It does NOT NOT NOT mount with T-nuts. It attaches to the fitting
that the compound rotates on.

see my prior post answering the Query re Logan lathes.

OOPS
not like my palmgren then although i bet i could and SHOULD set the
palmgren up that way too as i think about it

thanks for pointitng that out