Posted to uk.d-i-y
Si[_2_] Si[_2_] is offline

Default Picture hanging hooks

In message , Mary Fisher
writes
"Si" $3o&m wrote in message
In message , Richard
writes
I do not have dado rails and they would not suit the house.

Suggestions as to how to hang the pictures eagerly sought.

Hang them from a picture rail.

Please see (my) line second from bottom. I assumed that as no one had
corrected me that this was the posh ;-) term for a picture rail. Sorry
and all that, but the style of the house won't take them and I have to
hang the blasted pictures in most rooms and all of the corridors :-(

A dado rail is traditionally around 3ft from the floor and would be a
strange place to hang pictures from unless for small children.

Yes, they're to protect the walls from being damaged by upright chair backs.

They were originally to hide the unsightly damage done to walls by
rising damp.

--
Si