Posted to alt.home.repair, misc.consumers.house, rec.autos.misc,rec.autos.tech

Default Automotive floor jacks - bottle or floor jack

On Jan 26, 9:34*pm, "Bob Jones" wrote:
"Walter Cohen" wrote in message

I want to get one (at least) hydraulic jack to use if I need to change a
flat in my garage or driveway. *The crappy standard equipment jacks that
come in a car I just don't trust.

The jack that comes with the car is for changing tires. What's wrong with
that?

That's what I was thinking too. He wants the jack for changing
flats. How many flats does anyone have in their driveway, as opposed
to elsewhere? Or how many total that it's worth getting a different
jack?

On the other hand, if you do more work on your own car, like brakes,
then a floor jack is the way to go.

What is better/easier to use for changing tires (or plain lifting up the
corner of a car) - a hydraulic bottle jack or a hydraulic floor jack? *I
want to be sure also that the car doesn't slip off the jack while I'm
working on the car. *I know I need to also get some jack stands for
safety.

Thanks.
Walter

You can get floor jack and jack stands combo. They are cheap.