Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis[_2_] mac davis[_2_] is offline

Default Dogwood??

On Sat, 26 Jan 2008 23:12:22 -0800 (PST), robo hippy
wrote:

Mac,
I love dogwood. I have seen Pacific dogwood that are up to 18 inch
diameter, but that is rare.

Pacific dogwood?? I've live on the left coast all of my life.. How'd I miss that
one?
Onamental ones are up to 8 inches or so. Lovely smooth even grain. Never had much problem with it splitting any
more than any other wood, but it is wet here. I do have some small pieces I could send you but don't know about sending to Mexico. Let me
know.

robo hippy

Well, you could hand deliver them, ya know.. *g*
Maybe even find a way to write off a delivery/fishing trip, too..

Maybe take a chunk of ironwood back with you...

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing