Posted to rec.woodworking
BDBConstruction BDBConstruction is offline

Default A fun day at Woodcraft

On Jan 27, 6:26*am, "Lee Michaels"
wrote:

I wonder how much of the present problem with waste disposal could be
addressed by rebuilding and repairing things instead of making everything a
throw away or disposable product.

More than you could imagine, but it aint gonna happen until there are
copious quantities of personal and financial pain to motivate the
average US consumer. They are just too lazy to do it out of conscience
alone and too short sighted to see that it is a benefit for them to do
so. After that you have to deal with the marketers getting people to
throw away a perfectly good product just because the newest one has
come along. Upgrading is a fact and will never go away but it has been
taken to an all new level in these days of cheap goods. Recession
(hard)/Depression may be the only things, at least that I could think
of, that would change the mindset on mass. That probably isnt going to
happen so we will likely stay the course.

Mark