Posted to rec.woodworking
Bonehenge (B A R R Y) Bonehenge (B A R R Y) is offline

Default A fun day at Woodcraft

On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 06:26:14 -0500, "Lee Michaels"
wrote:

I wonder how much of the present problem with waste disposal could be
addressed by rebuilding and repairing things instead of making everything a
throw away or disposable product.

Right on...

You mentioned extension cords. Cut cords easily become two shorter
cords with two new plugs from a hardware store. Some of my handiest
cords are 6 and 8 footers that used to be part of a longer cord. G

The same goes for air hoses.

Sometimes, when the cost of repairing an item is high, I have to
remind myself of the hidden costs of waste as I make the decision.