Posted to rec.woodworking
Lee Michaels Lee Michaels is offline

Default A fun day at Woodcraft

wrote

or me. That's more of that arrogance. None of my partners in crime
are that wasteful either. In fact, we used to get together and buy a
couple of cases of beer and rebuild our saws with new bearings, guard
return springs, brushes, and put on 20' power cords on instead of the
factory 8'. We rebuilt and maintained everything we had. In fact, I
remember buying tubes of that white grease for my old Rockwell 346 and
315 saws.

You really know how to throw a party!

I used to take heavy duty extension cord and wire them directly into my
tools. I also had a spare to two around in case any of the cords became
damaged.

I wonder how much of the present problem with waste disposal could be
addressed by rebuilding and repairing things instead of making everything a
throw away or disposable product.

A true craftsman always takes good care of his tools. Any idiot can throw
something away.