Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Terry Coombs Terry Coombs is offline

Default fa: atlas and south bend milling attachment for 10/12 inch lathe

William Noble wrote:
the bottom of this has a hole, 1.5 inches in diameter, that on an Atlas fits
over the projection to which the compound is mounted. On SB, there is an
adapter in that hole that projects downward into the hole in the cross slide
into which the compound mounts. If your Logan is like my (12 inch) Logan,
then you could use it by making an adapter plate that fit into the 1.5 inch
hole and had a properly sized hole (3/8? I dont' remember exactly) for the
pin that centers the compound and a pair of holes for the bolts that hold
the compound. I made a plate like this to mount a holdrige tool to my lahte
(because I had one that was for a bigger lathe and I couldn't get it low
enough if I left the compound in place)

I would not try to mount it on top of the compound, I think there will be
way too much vibration, but mounted on the cross slide will be fine

"Terry Coombs" wrote in message
. ..
William Noble wrote:
totally blatant shill for an ebay auction of something that is auctally
directly relevant to the interests of this group - no subtelty at all -
no hidden agenda, just bid the price of this puppy through the ceiling so
I can buy a small country and retire.

here's the link

The pics on ebay are of the work holding side ? Ya think this will fit my
10" Logan ? Might save me buying a mill until I actually have room for one
Snag

All been rendered moot for now . I've been outbid ... but will keep
watching it . I can make the adapter if the price doesn't get too high .
Since I can't have what I really want (knee mill) right now due mostly
to no where to put one , I'm seeking other avenues . I have a couple of
small projects in mind that this unit would do easily ...
I'll be watching .
--
Snag