Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default Picture hanging hooks

"Richard" wrote in message
At the insistence of SWMBO I'm trying to hang various pictures around the
house.

Problem: the house is built from a type of white brick which is very hard
and shatters given half a chance.

Hardened picture hanging pins (black shank with brass head) bend as if
made of toffee.

I presume that these: http://tinyurl.com/ywx855 hardwall picture hooks -
described as not suitable for plastered walls - cannot be used.

I do not have dado rails and they would not suit the house.

Suggestions as to how to hang the pictures eagerly sought.

TIA

Richard

Make mirror plates.

We inherited a lot of very heavy oil paintings and Spouse made plates to
hold them. They can be painted over (or papered if that's still used) and
won't show.

Mary