Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default Picture hanging hooks

"Si" $3o&m wrote in message
In message , Richard
writes
I do not have dado rails and they would not suit the house.

Suggestions as to how to hang the pictures eagerly sought.

Hang them from a picture rail.

Please see (my) line second from bottom. I assumed that as no one had
corrected me that this was the posh ;-) term for a picture rail. Sorry
and all that, but the style of the house won't take them and I have to
hang the blasted pictures in most rooms and all of the corridors :-(

A dado rail is traditionally around 3ft from the floor and would be a
strange place to hang pictures from unless for small children.

Yes, they're to protect the walls from being damaged by upright chair backs.

Mary

--
Si