Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
William Noble William Noble is offline

Default Dogwood??

also canary wood

but wouldn't you want to make dogwood boxes with catseye insets in the top?
that would probably get the most interest
"Jack Casuso" wrote in message
Another animal wood that comes to mind is Lionheart (Pau Amarillo). I
used it on a toy chest but never turned it. It is yellow as the name
Latin name states. You might make a Zebrawood bowl with a Lionheart
goblet as a chaser. Sorry could not resist.
"mac davis" wrote in message
I hear about it in jokes here, but is there really a wood called dogwood?

I'm doing a charity show in April for the local animal shelter..
"Woofstock"..
They want a pet theme as much as possible, and I'm digging out the
zebrawood and
looking for canarywood, but if there really is dogwood, that would/wood
be
pretty cool..

If it exists, is it turnable?
Where would I find it?

Any other suggestions of pet theme wood?

Thanks,

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing